Sunday, November 15, 2009

Frederick Douglass

Sorry I waited so long to post. I have been occupied with working on retreats and have neglected my job here. We get to go over The Autobiography of Frederick Douglass tomorrow night when we meet. I must admit that this is a difficult book to read through, but not because of its length. Sometimes it is hard to imagine how wicked we as humans can act towards others but history shows us that we are capable of this and have shown a propensity to do so.
I know this was not meant to be a Bible Study but this certainly is a good representation of how sin can enslave us all even those who think they are the ones in control. I hope everyone got to read the appendix that Mr. Douglass added to the book later.

God Bless,
See you tomorrow.
Bill

No comments: