Sunday, June 16, 2013

Long time no post

Sorry for my delay in posting.  I have let activity, particularly with the kids get the better of me.  I have also started to try to get back in shape again.  Wow, this is painful.

I wanted to make sure to thank Natalie for a great hosting job at our last meeting.  She really knows CS Lewis and spiritual battle and was a great wealth of knowledge along with a gracious host.  I think she may have inspired much more reading into CS Lewis books by all who were there.

In addition we picked a book for next time, "The Hole in Our Gospel" by Richard Stearns.The Hole in Our Gospel: What Does God Expect of Us? The Answer That Changed My Life and Might Just Change the World by Richard Stearns.  I must admit the reviews come from diverse places like Franklin Graham and Bono.  Truth in lending here, Richard Stearns is the CEO of  World Vision and a good portion of the book is his journey getting there.  That is not to diminish the impact of the book or its message, if anything it brings the message home clearer.


Please join us for a discussion of the book in July, July 15th to be exact at the same bat time, same bat channel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that donut holes are the apprpriate snack for the evenin?